Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Jersey and New Music!

So, I landed back home in New Jersey last night for a good 10 days of Spring Break. When I got home, a special package awaited me! It was the 100-CDs from Discmakers that I had ordered of my latest EP. Shrink wrapped, bar coded and all--Lake Michigan's Chill physical CDs! The album has already been made available for streaming and download via my bandcamp page and it's also up on iTunes along with Time Grasp, my first EP.

They look beautiful, thanks to album art by Joe Stasio, my friend over at Soundwaves, where the tracks were recorded this past December over a delightful 4-days. Now, to start sending them out to radio stations, managers, friends, anyone who might know the best way to get my music out there!
Changes are on the horizon as I continue to write new music, especially over this spring break. I also had the pleasure of jamming with my new drummer friend, Justin Marsh, a sound engineer who previously interned at Studiomedia, and who I met at the studio as he was recording a voiceover demo. Justin is the drummer for a band called The Stoneflys based in Chicago. I had the pleasure of rehearsing with him in the Music Garage in downtown Chicago. With a location in NYC as well, the Music Garage was a state of the art rehearsal location, equipped with a repair shop, live room, and floors and floors of practice space.



I look forward to jamming there again after break with Justin's guitarist friend and my bassist, Max Brawer, if he is available. A new band is on the horizon.

Peace.Love.Music

Kara Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment