Monday, March 14, 2011

The Down Feathers


Hey readers!

So I totally meant to blog about this earlier, but with finals as a college student at a trimester school, this past week got incredibly busy. As a result this post is later than I would have wanted it to be...but nonetheless

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of recording Chicago's own, The Down Feathers for Airplay on WNUR. I know the drummer, Ben Carver, personally as he is an employee at Studiomedia where I am an intern. I was lucky enough to set up and record the session with The Down Feathers for live broadcast and it afforded me the opportunity to listen in closely to the 4-piece band. Its blend of both male and female vocals, bluesy drum beats, light keys, and impressive guitar and bass riffs. The band, which will be performing at South By Southwest in Austin this coming weekend, presented an impressive and enjoyable set of songs, fusing folk, blues and rock with solid band dynamics.

Interestingly enough, The Down Feathers will be playing their SXSW venue with Sons of the West, another Chicago band I follow that visited WNUR.

Check The Down Feathers out on myspace or at SXSW and read more about them on chicago.com/music

More to come now that I am on break plus reflections on some musical endeavors of mine from this past quarter!



Peace.Love.Music


Kara Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment