Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rock at the Rock, Chaos and Clatter, Amazing Times.




Hey All!

Sorry it's been a little while since I've updated my personal blog. Between writing for Collegedj, working at WNUR as outreach chair, getting the freshmen revved up by planning events for Niteskool, and fitting in class somewhere it's been a pretty hectic few weeks back in Chicago.


Despite the chaos, I've managed to write a bunch of new songs that I can't wait to play with The Cables during our first reunited band practice this coming Monday! Bass major and a great friend of mine, Andy Henley will be filling in for Nic Park while he's abroad in New Zealand (lucky duck!)

The Cables will be playing along with Brandon Daley, The Aurelia Trio, and Fuzzy Moon at Niteskool's first event of the year, Rock at the Rock! If you haven't checked out Daley's mixtape yet, I sincerely recommend it. Come check us all out on October 6th on the Northwestern Campus at Rock at the Rock!


For now, I won't reveal the new songs I've written (mostly because they haven't been recorded yet--even in a lo-fi environment.

For now, enjoy this crazy little cover of Radiohead's "Creep" that I did over the summer:





Oh, and a crazy experimental electronic project I did called, "Playing By Ear":


Peace.Love.Music

Kara Ali



No comments:

Post a Comment