Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Cables, A Battle To Remember, and Upcoming Gigs



Hey Everyone!

As some of you may or may not know, in addition to reporting on new and interesting musicians and shows that I have seen, I am a solo artist with my own music up on Bandcamp. As a current college student, I sometimes find it hard to balance my own music with school work and with my sound design projects, which incorporate a different type of composition. However, recently I have formed a new band called The Cables. Individually, we are James Clemer on lead guitar, Luis Pineiro on Drums, Nic Park on Bass and Ursula Ellis on Vocals in addition to myself on vocals and guitar. This new collective project has afforded me the opportunity to bring new life to my solo work, and share it with some amazing musician friends of mine. It will also, hopefully provide a forum in the future for further collaboration.


Our first live show was this past Thursday at Tommy Nevin's Pub at the Mayfest Battle of the Bands. Despite the fact that we were beat out by whysowhite, an awesome funk/hip-hop/soul fusion who will now get to play on Dillo Day, our new project was given a great write up and review in North By Northwestern, as well as the opportunity to play another gig this Friday on campus on the Norris South Lawn for the Niteskool Music Artist Showcase alongside artists Kelsey Wild, MORI and the Moonwalkers, Aurelia, and Fuzzy Moon.

Let this be the second of many gigs I have the fortune of playing with this group.

Peace.Love.Music.

Kara Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment