Friday, July 16, 2010

Kara's New Headphones





RIP sleak Bose headphones that I've worn practically to death. You were really amazing while you lasted.

I got my Bose headphones around my Junior year in High School when I started to become really interested in all things musical, and did some basic recordings on my iMac G5 (Which I paid for myself in 2005). I felt so proud! I was recording my own songs, making music, and pumping tunes into my ears nearly every day.

Now, I'm about to be a Junior at Northwestern University. As a native to the east coast, I am living in NY for a while and working at Recorded Books for the second summer. To listen to audiobooks, I use headphones EVERY DAY. Once those Bose babies broke on me this past Wednesday, I knew an immediate replacement was necessary.



I visited my friends over at Sam Ash and decided to go with an awesome pair of Sony MDR-7506 over the ear headphones. An industry standard, and a pretty popular pick at around $100, and definitely a good investment for me, as a music collector, audiophile and sound design minor.
Plus, if I were to buy the more consumer Bose model as a replacement to my old Bose headphones, they would've been around $125, a noticeable markup from about 3 years ago.


I'm excited!


Keep Listening...

KG



No comments:

Post a Comment